Thursday, September 14, 2017

Moving the mountain to Mohammad....

Today i got official confirmation that my case would be heard in a court of law. I've been watching a lot of Muhammad Ali videos to see what he had to go through before he finally got some equality. It's quite a story and i'm not surprised that he had millions of fans worldwide. He stood for a lot of things during his lifetime. He was a great representative of the black race for a start off and always put across a good argument on their behalf. He won mass appeal and is probably one of the reasons why we had a black president when we did.There's very little he couldn't achieve. His appearances on the numerous chatshows he did throughout the years were well thought-out and endeared himself to people who enjoy boxing and those who do not.


i could do with someone like him in my corner as i go head-to-head with SALT to try and get my rights back. How and why they were ever taken away from me, in the first place, is a mystery to me. It shouldn't be, really. I'm surprised that i'm the only one who is taking them on though and that there aren't more people getting involved and fighting injustice. There must be something that i'm not seeing here. I feel like a sacrificial lamb being led to the slaughter. Why is that? My home are unashamed supporters of SALT and want things to stop as they are. There's no doubt they will be coming to the witness box to make sure my rights are NOT given back to me. Of that you can be sure.

Ali has long gone but his spirit will still be around whenever it's needed. There may even be somebody else who comes along in the future and takes his place, someone who we come to admire even more than him. Somebody who wins against all the odds and inspires us with his/her actions. The future has a habit of throwing up some unlikely hero/heroine.
i'm so wrapped up with this case. So much so, that i couldn't bear to lose it. I can almost hear Ali, in that confident voice he had, telling me to give it everything i have.
There's no doubt that, in the 70s, he was an extremely useful motivator. Words just tripped off his tongue and he had many admirers because of it.

Court cases take a long while to happen so i've asked SALT to test me on some foods i want to eat now. They're all foods that i ate for months before they were banned. When i first heard they were to prevent me eating them, my first thoughts were "why the f---ing hell have they done that?" They were; cheesecake; apple pie and cake.

20 comments:

  1. Good luck. The 'home' may be against you, but you have people all over the world cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi EC, I don't have any real argument against the home. Despite what they want to see I can never hold a grudge against them. They have proved themselves to me and they helped me to quit smoking when I wanted to. I couldn't have done it without them. SALT, on the other hand, have forced me into a deep depression with their decisions. It's making me ill dealing with them.

      Delete
    2. I am glad you don't hold a grudge. I suspect that your battle with SALT would be easier if they supported you though.

      Delete
  2. Come out of the corning swinging, Treey. Duck, weave and give it to them straight to the jaw!

    Obviously there are some hard-nut health zealots in SALT who have jumped on the anti-sugar bandwagon. It's time to let the air out of their tyres!! With a name like SALT, have they banned salt from your diet?

    I wish you all the best...and I hope you win with a knock-out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, they haven't banned salt from my diet but I wish they would SALT are as bad as it gets when it comes to being disabled .

      Delete
  3. Why is it they never ban liver or hog's head cheese? Just joking...but I'm on your side and I hope you win big! Please keep us informed as you progress towards a resolution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Sugar. I know I have the mental capacity to make my own decisions. I just need the courts to decide it. I've read so many books now to make my brain active. More active than it HAS been for a long time.i eagerly await their assessment of me.

      Delete
  4. I hope you win, Terry. It really sounds like SALT has overstepped the bounds of all reasonableness with your restrictions. I can understand caution because a stroke can affect swallowing, but it seems you may have had an over-enthusiastic -- or unknowledgeable -- therapist working with you. Food is such an important part of life and takes on extra importance when other pleasures are limited. They really need to have solid evidence that a food is dangerous for you to eat before banishing it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I win too Jenny. The trouble is they assume too much. Instead of testing me to see if I can successfully eat something they just assume that I can't eat it. As far as I'm concerned assumptions are the mother of all f--- -ups. To be successful at anything you don't make assumptions about it. You get the true facts. That's all I ask for.

      Delete
  5. I also hope you win! You have a lot of people rooting for you. I wish we could do more to help you with your case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that Martha. If I lose and my rights are denied I intend to cancel all home visits, get a divorce and live what's left of my life as a hermit. It won't be worth living.

      Delete
  6. Also wishing you good luck and that your determination wins through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie, I write this blog to try and make a difference in people's lives. Everyone needs something to carry on and make sense of this crazy world we live in. Thanks 🙏 for the wishes. We will see what happens.

      Delete
  7. I hope you win and if you don't I hope you eat your favourite things anyway! I don't know much about Muhammed Ali but if he is the inspiration you need, I'm glad he fit the bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie,

      Muhammad Ali is an all-time hero to me and many others. He had a point in his life where he couldn't speak. He still tried to unite people with his fame.

      Delete
  8. Hi Terry! Exciting but stressing at the same time! I sure hope you win this case and you can bet that all of us here in Blogger-land are you Ali's!! We're in your corner!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rain,

      It's stressing alright. All I want are basic rights. I want to be tested for foods BEFORE I get banned from eating them. What they do is ridiculous.They assume I can't eat something and then they ban me. It isn't good enough.

      Delete
  9. I really hope you get the outcome you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I think I should have rights. I'm handicapped because I can't speak or walk. That's all. As it is I have no rights whatsoever. I need to feel like I have a purpose in life.

      Delete
  10. Like other visitors to this blog, I am behind you all the way Terry and I applaud you for having the guts to take SALT on instead of doing the easy thing, the comfortable thing - surrendering and keeping quiet. If people always kept quiet in the face of injustice then this world would be a far sorrier place to inhabit.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...