Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Dark days ahead....


There’s nothing that can stop me feeling this way. The last thing you want to do is to see my sorry face staring back at you. I don’t need the company right now so please don’t be offended if i leave you to it. Then she says “okay, if you insist” Well i DO insist. There’s absolutely nothing you can say to make me change my mind right now. I know there’s something wrong with me. I just don’t know how to fix it. Finding the solution to life’s little problems is not what i’m about. If only it was as simple as that.

i turn to look to where she is. “Hi.” She says. “Hi, are you still here..?” I reply, sarcastically and lost in thought. My right hand holds open the door whilst my left foot gently nudges her outside. “Good night” i whisper, and out she goes. Beads of sweat trickle down my forehead and i get no satisfaction from giving her the heave ho. She isn’t the problem. I am. I’ve always admitted it. I can’t be doing with somebody else’s baggage when i already have enough of my own to deal with.

I take a look in the mirror and i’m not pleased with what i see. Too many years of fighting lost causes are etched into that face. Too many for my liking. I don’t like what i see. The endless hours of struggle have left me feeling that life is something a younger person can deal with better than i can. They’re supposed to be in love but how can they know what love is? I wipe my face with the towel on the draining board. I didn’t want any children in case it was passed on to them. This curse that i have.

It didn’t do me much good though. I didn’t see it coming. If only i had i could have done something about it then. There’s always something happening. Something which you can’t control, but wish you could. Maybe i should have married someone just like me. But relationships don’t always happen like that do they? My experience with meeting women has been influenced by my mood and usually ends up over before its begun.

10 comments:

  1. You are a powerful and emotive writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC. It meant a lot to me to express myself but it really felt as though someone else was writing it.

      Delete
  2. It so very easy for a person to say in retrospect - "I would have done that better..." or "I would have done that differently..." or "I wouldn't have done that at all..."....etc.., etc., - but would we have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My life has been far from perfect, Lee. I understand what you’re saying and I agree with you

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny. I don’t know what made me write it.

      Delete
  4. Many of us have different feelings throughout our lives of imperfection, but your written expression is thought provoking and deeply felt. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RO, everyone seems to have imperfections so in their lives which seems to exonerate the life I am leading. It’s nice to to hear from you.

      Delete
  5. Terry, my life is far from perfect. If I could go back in time, I would do some things differently but for the most part, I wouldn't change a thing. I didn't always make the right choices.
    I always did my best with what I had because I'm adaptable by nature and it's a good thing too because life can be a bitch sometime. Most of us keep our pain inside.

    You are honest and write it like it is and being able to pour out your frustrations in printed words is a gift. Keeping it inside is not good at all.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, I hear you and acknowledge what you say. Nobody’s life is the way they wanted it to be. For some it’s a real challenge.

      Delete

I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...