Friday, March 9, 2018

Positive Mental Attitude...


There isn’t anything special that you have to do to get positive mental attitude. You say you’re going to do something - and then you do it. You aim low. Aiming low makes things more achievable. For instance, don’t say you’re going to give something up for 100 days - give it up for 10 days instead. When you get to 10 days, then do 10 more days and so on. Doing it this way will give you more confidence in your ability to get things done. I use this method to work out how many days i’ve gone without sugar. The figure is 46 days so far. I want to go a whole year. I’ll get there eventually. Giving up cigarettes is done the same way. I used to be a smoker but never realised how much harm i was doing to myself. You’ll need plenty of determination to succeed. Nothing is easy, but just think success. Think about how much money you will have saved when you get to a hundred days. Think about how much healthier you will be.

My Auntie Christine is amazed at the success i have. She gives up smoking but she doesn’t have a strategy. She’s bound to fail and does. My mum doesn’t want to give up smoking because, she says, she enjoys it. Really? She’s too weak-willed to do it, you mean. But, it’s her choice and nothing i can say will dissuade her from smoking. To stop smoking you have to want to do it. When all else fails try the positive mental attitude method next. It just might be what you need.


The video clip is about Anthony Joshua and his rise to greatness. It’s 30 minutes long and is very inspirational. It tells the story of a man and his determination to succeed. Warning. Only watch it if you are committed.
The team leader asked me what i wanted to eat next week and one meal i asked for was carrots, boiled potatoes and cabbage. Not exactly my favourite, but one which i’m determined to eat. You have to be.

Another distraction you can have is your lifestyle. The secret is not to let ANYTHING stop you achieving whatever goal it is that you want. It might be women or drinking that you enjoy. But giving up smoking (if that’s what it is that you want) is your number one priority now and if you carry on doing it you won’t regret it. One person can do it now. That person is you.

12 comments:

  1. Attitude (good or bad) can be a life changer can't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you’re right. Nobody can force you to have a good one or a bad one.
    Shit just happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe of your successes, Terry. You're proof that the right attitude can take you a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, my world is very different to the world you live in. I get no kick out of that. I’m disabled and they’ve taken my rights away from me. I don’t really have a life or should I say I don’t know what one is like anymore. I live in a country that give you a referendum and 3 years later pretend they didn’t. I voted ‘leave’ that day and wish I hadn’t bothered. I really do.

      Delete
  4. A great motivational article. I think you're doing great with living healthier and doing it a day at a time. Good advice. You're right, one step at a time will get you there.
    I wonder why everything that taste good is bad for us. By the way, congratulations on being on day 46 without sugar. That's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia, i’ve Been a fag smoker so i’m calling on my own experiences there. This is day47 of no sugar for me. I don’t make it easy on myself with the food I eat but I want to push myself with the pain I take. Anyone who wants to know what can be achieved should watch the video and see a success story.

      Delete
  5. One more day without sugar is even better.
    I did watched sections of the video and I'm not a fan of boxing and I don't like watching anything that is violent. It must be because I'm an empath... There
    is no doubt he's a great boxer and he seems to have a great personality to go with it. He's a remarkable achiever and he set his goal very high. His dream came true because he put everything he had into getting his goal. Positive thinking is very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, boxing doesn’t really interest me so much but the story of one man’s mission to achieve something spectacular, does. He rose from nowhere to become a world champion. He’s English too. His personality is so humble and deprecating that you cannot find fault with him. You’re with him every step of the way, just hoping that he’ll succeed. It’s day number 48 today and it’s because of him that i’ve achieved that.

      Delete
  6. That is great advice. Taking small steps is oftentimes much easier. 10 days instead of 100...that sounds better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. Giving up something like smoking is so important to do

      Delete
  7. This is a great reminder of sticking with it, even if it means taking baby steps, and staying positive even when it's uncomfortable. Sometimes it's rough to do, but it's doable with commitment. Thanks for such a great post! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is my 49th day of having no sugar. Thanks RO for the comment.

      Delete

I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...