Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Doing things differently...


To smile about something when you know there’s no chance that you’ll ever get better is what i have to face doing right now, i don’t know how long i’ve got left. It could be long and drawn out like that Stephen Hawking’s life was. It could be tomorrow. I just don’t know but find it hard to feel sorry for myself. I don’t. I’ll have to wait for the film about my life to come out like you ordinary people do, darling. They haven’t made a film? The bastards! Doing something different and out of the otdinary is what i live for these days. I even had a meal which consisted of mashed potatoes, leeks and carrots. Six months ago it was a food hell, but these days it’s not. If i could find a dye which turned my hair bright green, i’d dye it. Hell, i’ve grown a beard because i can so why not dye it?

Today is my 72nd day without sugar, You might think that’s impressive but wait till i get to 100 days. I dont want to brag about my exploits so don’t get the wrong idea about me. Your wife might think ‘what a twat’ if you grew your hair long and dyed it bright green. I might think that like that too when i’d finished laughing. Don’t care about what others say. I never do. Growing a beard was a big thing for me because i’d never grown one before. I should have had one years ago because it made me willing to try anything that doesn’t conform. That’s not a bad way to be. It took having a stroke for me to realise that. Welcome to the’Forrest Gump’way of doing things.

it’s okay for me to talk like that but not you. Fair point. There will always be people who like to do things differently though. ‘Being different’ is something that helped Donald Trump become President of the USA. People liked what he had to say. John Lennon had some weird hairstyles but it never affected his popularity. Perhaps some of the things he said did though.
What made me so different was the fact that i was stared at continuously. I decided there and then that i wouldn’t let it get me down. So, it didn’t. I liken it to wearing a pair of underpants in public. If you can do that you can do anything.

Don’t wear underpants in public because you will be arrested and put on the sex offenders list. And rightly so. You took notice of somebody who had a stroke? Are you mad?
Just ignore us like everyone else does. Everybody with a disability is ignored up to a point. That’s just the way life is. I.used to ignore them myself when i was able-bodied. What does that make me?
Ignore me by all means, but live life differently. Following the norm will get you nowhere. Whatever you do.
You’ll recognise me when i’m out. I’m the dude with the short, bright green hair who’s driving a wheelchair that holds a banner. It says “i’d fuck off out of the way if i was you!”

I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...