Saturday, May 19, 2018

The perfect hero and villain all wrapped up in one....

Every now and then along comes a person we can all describe as being legendary in her own lunchtime. To say she’s anything less than a superstar is like swearing at the queen (in person) or like slapping Madonna across the face and angrily calling her a cow with no talent. I wouldn’t do it and neither would you, but i share a house with a resident who probably would. Actually, she’d more than likely dribble a bit more than she already does, playfully roll onto her back and say: ”she’s worth how much ...?”

Anyone would think i don’t like her, and they’d be right. Why they are getting me to write this is because the person who is meant to write this is washing their hair. I can’t deny that she’s a living legend, though. It’s not so much what she says but what she does that gets on my nerves. And they both have an effect on my life. Her ‘mate’ is left where it can cause anyone (me) the most difficulty. What i mean by a mate is the contraption she uses to help her walk around. Why they call it her ‘mate’ makes me wonder why they call it that at all. She doesn’t have any mates for god’s sake!

Every day, she wanders the corridors, not stopping until whe finds that penny. It’s a penny that she must have dropped fifteen years ago. She’ll find it just as long as she keeps looking for it. I presume that’s what she’s looking for. There’s nothing wrong with her mind, but she has trouble making herself be understood. A bit like me really. She can walk. It must be a great feeling to be able to do that. And then she calls out loud like she expects you to drop everything for her. If THAT doesn’t make you a legend then i don’t know what does.

But what really clinches the deal for me is when she sings like a bag of spanners would sing if it could. she has no shame and she doesn’t think she should have. The song playing in the background is on at full blast. No-one sings quite like her but there again no-one would ever admit to it if they ever could. A heavy, laboured breathing sound tells you when she gets near. Can you really decribe her as a hero? Yes, because she keeps on going no matter how hard it gets. A perfect example of the way i have to be.



I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...