Monday, May 21, 2018

Why caffeine should be avoided like a tackle from Simeone...


They say that being a nightowl is no good for you. I agree with that. Caffeine is the biggest cause of that, as we know, and can cause many a sleepless night. It can be found in tea and coffee. It’s also found in decaff. It’s a good job then that drinking nothing but water is all i ever do. And, although i couldn’t stay awake all-night reading Steven Gerrard’s autobiography like i used to, i do feel a lot better for it. They never warned us that the amount of coffee i was drinking could damage my liver to the extent that i’d end up needing a replacement.

They give people the right to choose whether they smoke or not, even if the resident in question is smoking himself to death. I often dread hearing the news about the resident when we always knew that something, which stares us in the face, could have been done to save his bacon.
I have to drink at least six litres of fluid per day. If i don’t, my urine turns a bright orange in colour and i face a lengthy spell in hospital. The worst thing that could happen is that i get a water infection and nothing works like it should do.

Being disabled is like the way David Beckham felt that day when Diego Simeone took him out from behind. Beckham was sent off for doing nothing and should have chinned the bastard as he lelt the field. He had every right to do so. That’s what being disabled is like.
Drinking caffeine is something you can really do without when you’re disabled. It does me no good. It tastes good when you have it, but you wonder why you ever bothered drinking it in the first place.

Drinking water will bore the pants off you after a while but you don’t have much choice when it comes down to it. At least you get a decent night’s sleep. Surveys have shown that it’s a healthier way of living. Living the llfe of a night owl is not the way to be. I’ve read books too late at nights and have ducked my way out of sleeping when i shouldn’t have. The trouble is you can’t stay awake and in the end you’re asleep during lunchtime or when you don’t want to be. It really messes your life up when you least want it to.




15 comments:

  1. I drink more water than anything else. And still have sleep issues.
    Sadly I think that everything is bad for us. When I read toothpaste has been associated with mouth cancer I threw my hands in the air and gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a night owl even without caffeine (which I can no longer tolerate). And you're right, it's bad for me. I can't decide if I want to live fewer years and enjoy them, or live more years and be miserable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guarantee that you won’t be more miserable than me.

      Delete
  3. I drink a cup of decaf in the morning and on Sunday when I go out to breakfast with my friends, I drink a few cups of coffee. Anymore than that will make me shaky. I love coffee and I've decided that I'll take my chances. I'm drinking a decaf right now.

    Off the subject: Just now, I was wondering if you had a printer in your room. I know you have difficulty talking but you express yourself better than most. I think that you should use a printer to communicate with SALT. It was just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Julia it’s a nice thought but communicating with SALT is not something I see happening. I asked Ali if the people who designed the lounge drove wheelchairs. The answer I received was ‘no’. Could it be anything else? SALT want complete control over everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe SALT doesn't know that communicating is a two way street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be a two-way street,but it’s not.i live with it but can do nothing to change it.

      Delete
  6. Like you, I drink tons and tons of water, but it's usually Sparkling Water so I don't get tempted to drink soda. I don't sleep well at night, and usually end up getting up at least 3 times a night because of all that water I drink during the day. There's a lot of things I'm not supposed to eat, and it's the pits for sure. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm an early bird, so staying up too late is impossible even if I wanted to do that. As for caffeine, I have some in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your "GONE FISHING" post and I had to laugh when you wrote about wishing to be different is like wishing you had a 12 inch penis. It's not going to happen. It's just as well because a 12 inch penis may be a bit difficult to store. I don't usually respond to this kind of stuff but today I thought I would make an exception. Lol. I hope you have a good fishing dream and catch the big one.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant to tell you that I couldn't see a place to leave a comment on your new post so I left it here.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...