Sunday, July 15, 2018

Doing what’s right....


If you’re a young person reading this then don’t don’t be afraid to take the advice of an old-timer like me. When i was a kid i never had any advice given to me whatsoever. It meant i made a lot of mistakes. More than i needed to. If only my dad had felt the need to tell me what life would be like i could have done something about it. As it is he’s ruined it. I’ve nothing left to live for. Think hard. When you’re a kid life soon changes. A lot quicker than you think. Once you’ve done something, it’s normally too late to change your mind so make the right decision, and make it now.

i really don’t know what’s going to happen in the future. If only i did. Life would be much easier if you know what was going to happen. I haven’t got much longer left so the future doesn’t really matter to me. When i was a kid any advice was eagerly looked upon. Nowadays, it is looked on by the younger generation as something quite laughable. They think they know what’s best. Maybe they do. I just wish when i was younger that i had someone who was looking out for my best interests. I hated having to make decisions that mattered.

4 comments:

  1. I think a lot of the time the advice is given to young people, but they don't listen...because they think they know everything. :)

    My grandmother and mother gave my late brother and me advice....some we heeded...and some we of it we didn't. And, of course, not every parent gets it right, anyway; not every parent has the answers...the correct answers. Like the younger generation, they, too, once were part of the younger generation. If you know what I mean.

    Take care, Terry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life never turns out the way we expect it to even when we take good advice. I always took the advice that mature people gave me because I trusted their wisdom... but life is full of obstacles that we must navigate. The best advice I can give is live this day as if it was your last day because someday it will be your last day.

    Hugs and smiles.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wisdom comes as we get older (hopefully!). When we are young, we really believe we know everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terry...I can't respond to your latest post, so I will respond here, instead. I don't know if any of this is of assistance to you...and I mean no offence in suggesting it....but a friend and I were talking about it in detail this morning...via the phone....it's just an idea that might give you some relief...somehow....

    https://books.google.com.au/books/about/Heal_Yourself_with_Emotional_Freedom_Tec.html?id=_d40AgAAQBAJ&redir_esc=y&hl=en

    OR

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Heal+Yourself+with+Emotional+Freedom+Technique:+Teach+Yourself&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAGWRvU7DMBSFyQCiLpVKEEvFUBgQA1JalyQNK0IICYQEHdiqxj9tE8dOYtP8PAZiY2bjRegDMDKw8QaM0CpJkRi_e3yOj-7dXD_YMsZGF6JQKRtKuE8CoaaCj1ibxoRgEbQVQRM-jR5I2xXCl3Nt6ZhMhkPTSlmBsB-fxH0WzjVgBEbH63WQwqVWhM-1xgK7yHT8PKN-IfOelVCr5xXoIZpgO7MLzKGaxTbnpdm1o37HQmV2hhNfBc6k_MqVEs7CtHptsjxHw5UcjB3phqVMe4ETy8ysZN7HmRlVRbsJzWfcWVWJZk4X_akytsIUV2lQMt-08soOw8RLLFoyzmXsUddalUnNNIo_tRet3vz6_thpPWuPr2_v2pMGmldCSMKyW8JGiuCB0A_BxjlXU5Xpe6DRqi22fAIpd47WWnWwQv0e1O-IGohrgac00y_1C1C7JoFLYnlD9VMAzgRjBC2OrB-D3da2gaqBsbzwb-IO-D_e-gGhlfH2LQIAAA&npsic=0&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiG4-aqzafcAhVClZQKHYpmC1UQ-BYIPg

    ReplyDelete

I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...