Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Lucky to be alive?


I don’t know what is wrong with me. I just know that something is. Being constantly in this wheelchair isn’t doing me any good, I just know i need a change of scenery. I spend too much time in floods of tears and it’s wearing me out. Everything gets too emotional for me and i find it hard to cope. They say i’m ‘lucky’ to be alive. Some kind of ‘lucky’ is this. I’d like to see the alternative before i decide on that.

Having a brain injury is something you don’t ever recover from. It gives you a different perspective on what is happening. It’s not until you suffer from one that you can really make a judgement about life. Are you really ‘lucky’ to be living like this? I don’t think so. I only have one one arm that works and i can’t raise my head without feeling giddy. And i’m lucky? Don’t make me laugh.

as brain injury comes in all shapes and sizes. Firstly there is the man who will never talk but finds his way across the room. Secondly, there is the man who CAN talk but has no sense of reasoning and then there’s me. I can read but that’s about all i can do. I don’t want someone who comes along and speaks for me. I’m not THAT disabled that i have to do that.


I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...