Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The struggle...

Sometimes i really doubt i have the ability to get things done. Jonny has to do something but he does nothing. He’s an energy vampire. The term energy vampire is something i’ve got from Julia. It describes Jonny. He lets people do things for him. Eventually it will destroy them. Only when he realises that he needs to do things for himself will his true self be realised. I don’t think i’m a bad parent. Just an exhausted one.

I try and do what i think is best. Very often it’s not good enough. i try and talk to a carer but what’s the point when “Can i have a drink?” becomes something completely different and i’m holding a toothbrush. Getting a voice machine is ok but i can’t take it everywhere with me. If only i could.

6 comments:

  1. All we can give is our best effort, whether it's parenting or communicating or playing a sport. I was hoping communication would be easier for you but it sounds like you're running into difficulties with the voice machine. Has your physio person offered you a chart of common requests that you can simply point to the right thing? It's a simple but effective tool. It would, for example, have a picture for all the common things you'd need in the run of a day, like food, water, sleep, bathroom, etc. Can make life simpler, and it's light enough to take with you.

    I'm glad you've got comments turned on again. I do read every post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Jenny, no difficulties with the voice machine. I’m now using it with an American female accent. I like it. I haven’t really used a chart, but I will if I need to. It’s good to see you again

      Delete
  2. Like jenny_o, I am glad to see that we can comment again.
    Energy vampires are everywhere. And totally exhausting.
    I like her suggestion of a chart too. It could make life a lot easier (and less frustrating) for you.
    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi EC, it’s good to see you too. I have voice phrases I can make up. All I have to do is press the button. Quite clever really.

      Delete
    2. Comments have disappeared again from your latest post. Not being scared of a bully is a sure fire way to conquer them.

      Delete
  3. Bullies are ignorant cowards.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...