Tuesday, July 3, 2018

You’ve heard of the Kray brothers....

My uncles Dick and Harold (brothers on my mother’s side) were people not to be messed with. I often wish somebody had written a book about them. The aura about them was legendary. A book would have been a best seller and I’d have loved it if i had read it. They could’ve made a film about it too. My uncle Harold made the roll-up cigarette as famous as what it was. Just a look from either of them meant you were facing a beating if you missed the next bus home.

If they wanted a chip, you felt honoured that it was you they chose. Hopefully, they’d remember you and
that that would be all it took to let them know that you were a friend.

I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...