Wednesday, April 25, 2018

A Change of Habit...


A few of you may have heard that i’m fighting a court case. Well, I lost it. “You have no mental capacity!” Is what they told me when trying to justify their position. I told them to “fuck off!”, to get out of my room and never come back. “You can’t talk to us like that. I’m a psychiatrist” is what one of them said. I looked at him and he looked back at me, nervously trying to work out where i’d hidden the magnum that i used on guests i didn’t like. “I can talk to you anyway i like” i said. “Now scram.” And they did. Knowing i’d lost the court case gave me a new lease of life. I decided to ditch the healthy lifestyle and concentrate on becoming a slob-like Homer Simpson again. What the hell is the point of doing things the right way when i get right royally fucked over at the first chance that comes their way?

In the five and a half years that i’ve been disabled i’ve only ever known SALT to be in charge. they’ve always tried to deceive me. And have been successful in doing so. You might say ‘how have they tried to deceive you?’ That would involve me talking. It’s something i can’t do very well. They know. I’d be the first to admit it.Try to imagine a pair of nails being pulled over a blackboard to imagine how frustrating it can be. Or a song that’s on full blast and you’re trying to make yourself heard above the noise. That’s what the relationship between me and SALT is like.

I’m not really happy about the change of habit because i’d worked so hard at making the change work. It was going so well too. I still drink water because the taste of a coffee and tea i don’t like. There’s a real danger to your health when you drink the amount of it i was drinking. The change back to the way i was hasn’t really helped me either but i still felt the need to do it. One thing that hasn’t changed - and never will - is the way i feel about SALT. Some things will NEVER change. Not as long as i have an hole in my arse.

i’m not sure what is happening, and i am sure it has nothing to do with the slobbish diet i am on, but i feel a sense of helplessness come over me. It happened yesterday as well. I’ve never felt this way before. It’s a natural kind of feeling. I still wish i had a machine gun and that SALT were lined up in front of me. It can’t be that bad then. I can feel a bit of a smile as i let rip with my weapon. It’s really good to see my tormentors run for cover. “You said you’re a psychiatrist. Make sense of that, you “scumbag” it feels naughty but nice. They’ll need to sort me out with a new pychiatrist after this one.

15 comments:

  1. Oh Terry. I am so very sorry. Do you have the right of appeal? And can you get an advocate to help lay out your case?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been fighting the for five years. I take my frustration out on writing about them.

      Delete
  2. I would have told them to fuck off, too...and not shy away from telling them to do so again...often!

    Your feeling of helplessness is understandable, Terry. Your depression is understandable. It's easy for us, as bystanders, to say the "right" words, but it's difficult for you to put what those words mean into practice. I may not know much, but I do know that much.

    You uttered the perfect words...two simple little words that express so much...and release so many pent-up emotions...frustrations and anger. Say them as often and as loud as you like...I don't care what anyone says...they help!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS....And, while you're saying them, think of me there in spirit alongside of you...saying them in concert with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand why you don't have someone to speak up for you. Am I missing something? Do you communicate with anyone there using the computer? Maybe they don't realize your brain is just fine -- but they might if they could see your written thoughts. I'm sorry this has ended up like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have people who talk for me. It can still be hard to get my point across though.

      Delete
  5. Oh no! I'm so sorry things didn't work out and know you're frustrated. I know that your writing is an avenue to vent, which is good. Of course cursing them out isn't bad either.(lol) HUGE Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I 'm sorry too that you lost your court battle but why do you need to stay there at that facility since staying there doesn't agree with your expectations? I'm not sure how you ended up at that place after your stroke.
    It must be unbearable to be trapped in your body like you are and still be able to think clearly but not being able to express like you used to. I can't think of any thing more frustrating...
    Can't your wife help you find better accommodations where SALT isn't in charge? I'm sure you would be better off being with your family or anywhere else?
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There’s nowhere else in Hinckley, Julia.

      Delete
  7. That's horrible news Terry...I totally understand your attitude and your fantasy...trust me, I've had the same ones about certain people too! So...now what? Can you leave that place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The home is the only one in Hinckley. It’s a town i’vel lived in all my life, Rain My dad lives here. He’s 83 this year. My mum lives here and so do my wife and son. My hands are tied.

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry to hear this awful news! Nothing wrong with your fantasy. It's a way to get rid of frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s not so awful. There are worse things that could happen, Martha. There are always worse thing that could happen in the world. That tends to have attention more more than what happens to me.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...