Sunday, July 1, 2018

What I find enjoyable...


I saw a tv programme last night that made fun of disabled people. It was done in such a way that the disabled would find it funny. I had to laugh at it. Then they tackled racism. The butt of the joke wasn’t black people. It was the situation black people can find themselves in. If you’re disabled you’ll know how it feels when able-bodied people make a fuss of how politically correct they can be. That’s what last night’s programme was about. All we want is to be treated like a normal person is treated.. On facebook, i get abused if i step out of line or get too big for my boots, and i love it.

i love the banter you can get with football fans. It doesn’t matter that you can’t walk.


9 comments:

  1. I guess it all depends on how the subject matter is delivered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Martha. I tried to leave a comment on your blog. To make a programme about the disabled it would have to make the disabled laugh. They did and if you don’t believe me check out the Extras page on YouTube.

      Delete
  2. Being treated normally is such a relief. Some of Dad's caregivers and one of his friends did it well. Many others treated him like he was made of glass. Or stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, my next door neighbour is hated of hearing. Need I say more?

      Delete
    2. Julia’s post has mysteriously vanished. Sorry Julia.

      Delete
  3. There is a wonderful Callaghan cartoon (and he was himself disabled) showing a person begging. His sign says 'black, disabled and NOT musical. Please help'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terry, I watch some youtube videos about Lost Voice Guy and it was hilarious. He was on Britain's Got Talent and won the finals. The guy can't talk and uses a computer to voice his jokes.
    He is brilliant and he also made jokes about the disabled. I'm sure it's not the same program but I thought I'd mentioned it.

    Come to think of it, I have disabilities too but they are invisible. I can't fix anything that is mechanical, electrical or electronic but Im usually good at solving other problems.
    Hugs, julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regarding your blog post, Kick-A-Ball, it has been my sentiment for a very long time. People have their priorities totally wrong. I've never been one to compete and I can't see the point of proving who is better at something. We all have our special gifts and they are just that, gifts.

    I've been enjoying your other post but had no place to leave comments.
    I hope that you have the best dat that you can today.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete

I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...