Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Resolutions


It’s January 2nd and it’s been nearly six years since i became disabled. I still remember it as though it was September. It probably will be very soon.
Funny thing is that although i’ve bought hundreds of shirts i haven’t got any left. Did i say funny? i only wish it was. I’ve learnt all there is to know about disability. It sucks. It makes you think though. There i was just hating myself, then i had depression. Then i had a stroke and i couldn’t walk. Give me strength. If God exists he must really hate me. More than i hate myself.

I just hope that the next time around the disabled are given as much respect in society as they are at the moment. If they are then my journey won’t have been a wasted one.

2 comments:

  1. Terry, I'm glad comments are on again. I wish things were improving for you, that you could get either medication or someone to talk with in order to help with your depression. While you are suffering it may feel like there is no point in trying to get help, but truly it would pay to give it a shot. I hate to see you hating yourself. That is a hard way to live. Keep writing, my friend. We are listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terry, I hope that you will have less depression in 2019. I'm certainly not the right person to give you advise so I won't give you any but I want you to know that I care about you and that I wish you well. I too am glad that comments are back on. The more friends you have the better it will be for you. Don't feel that you have to comment on my blog. I'll visit your blog anyway. I'm finally retired at 72.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete

I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...