Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Luke Richards...

Whenever you saw Luke Richards play football you knew you were in the presence of someone special. I saw the Hinckley United manager and said to him “Dean, you’ve got to see this kid play! He’s awesome.”
he said “Terry, get a fucking life”. I grabbed him by both lapels and pulled him closer making sure he could smell my garlicky breath. “Dean..just watch him.” I said. Ok, that last bit was dramatic licence but i arranged for Luke to take part in a 1st-team training session. He was brilliant. Andre Gray, a first-team regular challenged Luke for the ball, bounced off of him and landed flat on his arse. It was an amazing introduction for Luke and people who witnessed the incident just gasped their approval.


14 comments:

  1. These pictures really capture the action so well! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when Luke kicks the ball at 100 mph you just hope it’s not heading your way.

      Delete
  2. Great story and wonderful photos! I love that you're sharing your portfolio with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re from my website. The website was done just before I had the stroke.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny but the equipment I was using was World class.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks EC. Even the flashgun I used for indoor photography was the best in the world.

      Delete
  5. Great story behind these shots. The photography is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Martha. I followed Crash Taylor, a professional photographer. He’s awesome. I very nearly got to the stage that he’s at. Google him and see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, it's great photography. You mention Luke Richard playing football but I thought this was a soccer game.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I guess what we call a soccer ball is round and what we call a football is oval but they are both played with the foot. I'm totally ignorant when it comes to sports.

      Delete

I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...